Cliche Thankful List

Hey, everyone. Thanksgiving is almost here (yay!) and I have gone and pulled a cliche on you: the Thankful list. Forgive me, I meant/ mean no harm. 

I am thankful for my family, for me, for my cow... - Mushu Thanksgiving

But really (the whole but seriously thing wasn't working):

I am thankful for my Savior, my family, my friends (!), a very good church home,  our neighbors, provision-ish stuff (food, clothes, roof, transport, mail services, etc.), a relatively peaceful place to live, pretty great health, our pets, music, internet (!), the list could go on and on. And does. 

A few points/amendments (because... that's how Scratch That tends to work):

One, the listed blessings are lovely and I appreciate them. But I don't really need some of these. Plenty of people live without great health, and there are tons of nations on earth whose citizens must face danger constantly. Is this something I hope for myself or anyone else? Of course not!  But out of this list, the only blessing I need fully and completely, one hundred percent, is Jesus. He's got my soul eternally, so what are the permanent consequences if I can't listen to music, or lack a peaceful land, or even don't have a consistent food source? He is my Rock. Psalm 56:4

Two, what good does the phrase I am thankful do? It's a nice sentiment, but at this point those words comprise a mere statement of fact. There's nothing wrong with that, let me clarify. But the Thankful List seems so stereotypical, at least to me. Allow me to amend my list:

Thank You, Lord, for saving me from my sins, for my family, friends, church home, neighbors, Your provision, peace, health, pets, music, internet, and everything else.

Happy Thanksgiving, guys. 
Almost Thea

Part of Job 1:21 ".... The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust Issues

School (and a Kira eulogy)