Hello, World. 

This is my very first Scratch That post, so in it I'm explaining the name of this site and giving you a frame of reference for further posts. It's like this:

Nobody stays the same. You have changed since you were a baby, and since yesterday. I know I have. Some of these differences I like, such as being able to talk now, but others I don't care for quite as much, such as the growing evidence attesting that I am frightfully imperfect. I'm sure, if we're honest, you can relate.

As you and I change, fail, get confused, and grow, our lenses of perception shift. We learn that our views can change as well. I find myself changing my stance on a subject every once in a while, and it shakes my oh-so-comfortable world. I must then return to that subject and say, "Um, scratch that." Hence, the christening of this blog. 

This presents a problem. If I and all of humanity are flawed, which, hello, we are, what happens? Is Truth with a capital T a lie?

I don't believe that. Because there's something bigger than me. Than us. Whew, what a relief, that the world doesn't actually depend on us, right? Here, this is why.

One needs Truth to say, with certainty, "There is no Truth." Ergo, the idea of No Truth is trash. If humanity can't procure Truth, but we know it exists, someone else has to.

Well, there's this book I've been reading lately, called The Bible. Great stuff. Makes sense relative to life, even when I don't. Which is practically all the time. Anyways, in John 14, verse 6, Jesus makes a pretty bold statement, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." 

I believe Him. Because of who He is. He's Truth and alleluiah for that.


Now, at some time, might I find myself saying "Scratch that" regarding Jesus? Nope. Actually, my constant changing and scratch that's will drive me back to Him for Truth, again and again. They already do.

So perhaps a Scratch That every once in a while is actually a good thing. 

Keep in touch, 
Thea

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trust Issues

School (and a Kira eulogy)