The Best Week... Month... Life of my Life

It's the middle of summer.
For me, this means a plethora of camps on which I always spend my yearly adrenaline stores. Last night, I returned home (half asleep, might I add; apparently the three mugs of coffee this anti-caffeine crusader consumed had little effect) from a month long- ahem, a week long- spiritual high. The camp had good worship, there were tears, and sleep was a distant memory. Sounds great, right?

Except... how can I put this? Ah, yes:

NO. 

What actually occurred pushed the bounds of my reality. Calling the past week a spiritual high would be like calling the unfathomable processes of the human mind a confusing mess of misguided electrons. Gross.

This week, God worked in each person intimately and lovingly, including in me. I cannot begin to describe the beauty of forty-something souls raising their voices to praise their Savior, or the way bittersweet tears can create bonds between believers or take place of audible words in a desperate prayer. God has never more clearly demonstrated to me that we are jars of clay in which He works to bring about His glory. 

Six months prior to this camp, people I didn't even know existed were drenching the event in prayer. I have had the immense pleasure of meeting some this week, but others I may not know until Heaven. I love these anyways, because we are connected through our huge and glorious Creator. At church service on Sunday, which we staff attended before the campers arrived, the wonderful camp director asked the members to pray for individual people. All forty-something of us had someone praying to the Lord on our behalf by the time church was over. And if anything, God taught us prayer to Him and only Him does work. Not only does it work, it breaks the bounds of our imagination concerning how He answers. 

The other reason I do NOT call this last week a spiritual high is because I do not want to go back to normal. I want, hope, pray that loving my Lord in this way will become normal.

I love the people I met. I love those I already knew. But most of all, I love the God who brought me and my friends such joy. Thank you, Lord Jesus.



Songs from Camp:
Behold Our God- Sovereign Grace Music
Forever- Kari Jobe
Jailbreak (I'm Going Free)- Vertical Church Band
Oceans- Hillsong United

For full effect, take with a healthy dose of no sleep, Becka's guitar skills and leading voice, dozens of Christ-loving/-beloved people, and most importantly the Holy Spirit's beautiful workings in your life. Listen to songs if you meet any of the following criteria:
a) You are human
b) You are a sinner
c) You love the Jesus of the Bible
d) You have no idea who this Jesus is*

*in which case, please read The Bible, a bestseller by the world's oldest author

Comments

  1. beautiful. I'm so glad I could be part of this with you and God and everyone else! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trust Issues

School (and a Kira eulogy)